5 Times Michelle Obama Slayed Our Hearts At The DNC
<!– Comment out
Last night’s Democratic National Convention speeches were inspiring and nonetheless impeccable. Senator Cory Booker fired through a mantra of “rising up” and standing up for justice, while the audience waited in anticipation for arguably the most important voice of the night, Michelle Obama. Before entering the stage, a video montage expressed the admiration our nation shares for FLOTUS and the impact she has had on our country. Because of her brilliance and elegance, Michelle Obama leaves a legacy of dedication, health, and living life freely that will forever remain in our hearts.
Here are the top five #slayagemoments from Michelle Obama’s DNC speech.
1. #HairwasLaid — Let’s begin with how flawless Michelle looked from the moment she steps on stage. The cerulean blue dress highlighted her mocha skin and the slightly pink lip effervescently brought a splash of dazzle and pop to her face. But the most dashing appeal to her DNC look was her hair! Freshly pressed and glistening before the masses. She never fails to impress.
2. She reminded us she is an awesome mom — Michelle spoke about her daughters and how amazing it felt to send them off to school when first moving to the White House. She did not, however, sugarcoat the fact that the White House is the same house that was built by slaves. She wants her daughters (and the world) to know and understand this legacy and recognize the strength of their ancestors. #goodparenting
3. She ‘Trumped’ Trump with class — Michelle does not disparage or degrade the presidential opposition (as blatantly seen in other spaces–ahem, the RNC), instead she imparted a general message on bullying, which was understood to be a jab at Trump and his party. “Our motto is, when they go low, we go high.” Mrs. Obama knows how to rise above the foolishness. #blackexcellence
4. She reiterated the children are our future — This presidential race was filled with hostility and mud slinging to garner and possibly entertain the masses, but FLOTUS does not forget about the group who will be most affected by our next leader– our children. She stated, “[This] election, and every election, is about who will have the power to shape our children for the next four or eight years of their lives.” We have to protect the children, they are our future.
5. She proved we are the ‘United’ States for a reason — Due to the “Make America Great Again” propaganda, many have forgotten about the power and resilience this country had and still has. Michelle reminds us of that, saying, “Don’t let anyone ever tell you that this country isn’t great, That somehow we need to make it great again. Because this right now is the greatest country on Earth.” #preach
We will miss the Obamas but especially the fabulous and most fierce, Michelle Obama.
Check out Michelle Obama’s speech below!