Branding Tips For 2016: The Kimora Lee Simmons Way
Moms, what will you do differently in 2016 with your personal brand and career? Are you ready to get uncomfortable by channeling your ultimate authenticity? Have you had enough of the same results each year and ready to start believing in your magic? I know I am.
Enter Kimora Lee Simmons, the hardest working mom in Hollywood. KLS is 40, a mom of four, newly married, a savvy entrepreneur, author, philanthropist, producer, top model, television personality and–most importantly–the ultimate #resetter as it relates to rebranding and challenging herself to push the envelope.
images courtesy of KLS.com
So, what is branding, anyway? Simply defined – branding is a consistent experience you (enter name), give off each time you interface with a person or client. Just think of yourself as a delish order of fries from McDonalds, it simply never lets you down no matter what. Can you say the same for your brand?
Just last year Simmons, our favorite brand mom, announced that she was ready for a new challenge and was going to shape-shift her brand by launching KLS Kimora Lee Simmons, a collection of clean, tailored and taut designer ready-to-wear (prices range from $500 to $2,400) that reflects a new phase of her life. “When people look at this they say, ‘Oh, this is Kimora when she was 12 or 13 at Chanel,’” she told WWD, referring to her teenage modeling days, when she was famously plucked from Missouri and put on the Paris runways. “I didn’t have on makeup when I was at Givenchy and Saint Laurent. I worked with the greatest people in the business and this is more back to that person.” Word.
Life is always changing – if we listen to self, commit to dreaming big and tapping into our inner power we can rebrand, redesign and press reset for the next phase of our life. 2016, here we come!
Let’s learn a few rebranding tips from KLS for 2016:
- Be authentically you! Enough said.
- Embrace change. Manage the ups and downs of your lifestyle (divorce, career, stress, family) with class.
- Upgrade your style for 2016. Define your signature look and work it like a rock star.
- Diversify your business portfolio. Create an international marketing/pr plan for your business/brand and go for it. Think huge and don’t be afraid to put your face on the product.
- Empower the next generation of entrepreneurs. It’s important to groom our children — teach them everything and make certain they understand the business.
- Claim it fiscally! It’s not how you start; it’s what you do with the knowledge you have. Start to make changes towards a better life financially.
- Make love to your thoughts. Each word, sentence and prose you utter will impact your outlook; make them strong, sexy, and righteous.