#GoMommy: Halloween In Hershey Park
Fall brings changing leaves, cooler temperatures, and the transformation of Hershey into a festive Halloween destination. I love this way of celebrating Halloween because Hershey features safe, family-focused events, and the kids love activities ranging from roller coaster rides and a trick-or-treat adventure at Hersheypark in the Dark to a flashlight walking experience at ZooAmerica during Creatures of the Night, Halloween In Hershey provides guests with three weekends of family thrills.
The Halloween In Hershey fun takes place Fridays through Sundays from October 16 through November 1, and includes:
Hersheypark in the Dark
Hersheypark in the Dark features more than 50 rides and attractions including the Park’s 13 roller coaster and Halloween-themed entertainment. Guests visiting the Park will experience:
- Halloween-themed rides and experiences.
- New this year! Thrill seekers will enjoy our newest roller coaster, Laff Trakk, the nation’s only indoor, spinning glow-coaster, in complete darkness the last hour of each operating evening.
- Additionally, the Park will also turn the lights off on our three wooden roller coasters during that same hour creating more opportunity for seasonal fun!
- Hershey’s Trick-or-Treat Adventure featuring a candy trail that starts at Hershey’s Chocolate World and continues through Treatville, a seasonal town inside Hersheypark, for children 12 and younger (costumes are encouraged).
- Fall-themed food and beverage offerings, and live entertainment including favorites “Bunsen & The Burners,” a band of crazy singing scientists and their monster friends.
Tickets for Hersheypark in the Dark are $35.85 for adults (ages 9-54) and $24.85 for juniors (ages 3-8) and seniors (ages 55+). For hours of operation and additional information, click here.
Creatures of the Night at ZooAmerica
Included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark in the Dark, guests are invited to bring a flashlight to experience Creatures of the Night at ZooAmerica. This is the only time of the year when guests can experience the Zoo after dark. They will enjoy:
- Seeing the nocturnal habits of North American species.
- Pumpkin treats being fed for select animals.
Separate admission is also available at the Zoo’s off-street entrance.
Halloween In Hershey Packages
If you want to extend your time a Hershey, it’s great that guests that stay at one of the three Official Resorts of Hersheypark get to enjoy discounted admission to Hersheypark in the Dark and complimentary shuttle service.
- Deluxe accommodations.
- Breakfast with the Hershey’s Characters.
- One-day admission to Hersheypark in the Dark.
- Admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
The package is available Fridays and Saturdays from October 16 through October 31 with prices starting from $489* at Hershey Lodge and $559* at The Hotel Hershey, for a family of four.
*Price is per room per night, based on a family of four. Excludes tax and gratuities. Other restrictions may apply.
From September 1 through November 30, The Spa At The Hotel Hershey offers guests fall-themed treatments to relax their mind and body.
- Pumpkin Latte Manicure & Pedicure: $140* Monday – Thursday, $150* Friday – Sunday
- Pumpkin Spice Scrub: $70* Monday – Thursday, $75* Friday – Sunday (available October
- Pumpkin Soufflé Wrap: $125* Monday – Thursday, $135* Friday – Sunday (available October 1)
- Pumpkin Immersion: $195* Monday – Thursday, $205* Friday – Sunday (available October 1)
*A 20 percent service charge will be added to the bill for all treatments. This treatment may not be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion.
With fun for the whole family each weekend during Halloween in Hershey, Hershey’s Chocolate World guests enjoy:
- Hershey’s Trick-Or-Treat Adventure: Enter Hershey Hallow to begin your trick-or-treat adventure.
- Tricky Treats & Sweets: Shop Halloween treats in Hershey’s largest candy store and pick up delightful sweets from the bakery.
- NEW! Flavors of Fall Dessert Festival: Discover unique treats and rediscover classic favorites.
Visitors can learn about the history of chocolate at The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, and families can experience:
- Black Cat Alley: Follow the black cat to Halloween fun and get a head start on trick-or-treating with some delicious Hershey’s treats! Kids can use vintage Hershey advertising art to create their own mini Halloween character to use as a pin or decoration. Make a Halloween spider web, too. Costumes are encouraged for children ages 12 and under. $5 per person. This activity is held Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. from October 17 through November 1.
Hershey Gardens lights up the night with more than 150 uniquely carved illuminated pumpkins and a variety of whimsical scarecrows, some of which come alive, during its annual Pumpkin Glow. Kids ages 12 and younger are invited to bring a flashlight, come in costume, trick-or-treat throughout the Gardens and experience the following activities:
- Listen to a garden-themed story.
- Collect candy treats at stops along the Gardens’ paths.
- Watch live pumpkin carving demonstrations.
Pumpkin Glow is from 6 to 9 p.m. on October 23, 24, 30 and 31.