Spotlight on POSITIVE THINKING!!! The New Year is here and lots of us are making or have made New Year resolutions. Some common resolutions are- lose weight, quit a bad habit, make/save money and get healthy. What if everyone just decided to think positively? To me your state of mind (which hopefully will become a lifestyle) dictates you’re outcomes and its circumstances. Positive thinking is not about wearing rose colored glasses and ignoring negative things or situations. It’s simply about approaching life challenges with a positive outlook. Being able to think positive is hard work and will in the beginning be a conscious effort-the more you are conscious and consistent about your thoughts and controlling them, the better the chance it becomes a way of life. Understand, to learn something new you will go through four stages of competency:
- Unconscious Incompetence – “Don’t know what I don’t know”
- Conscious Incompetence – “I know what I don’t know”
- Unconscious Competence -“I grow and know and it starts to show”
- Conscious Competence – “I simply go because of what I know”
For more information on the 4 stages of competency click here.
Changing the way you think is a process and the benefits are well worth it! Here are a few health benefits of positive thinking:
- Longer life span
- Lower rate of depression
- Increased resistance to the common cold
- Better stress management/ coping skills
- Increased physical well-being
- Better psychological health
By changing the way I think all my resolutions become attainable!
“What the thinker thinks, the prover proves.” – Robert Anton Wilson