Get funky this Fall with a different twist on the classic cat eye makeup! Look for strong earth tones as well as bold jewel tones. To get you started we’ve pulled together some quick and easy DIY tips:
Choose a pencil, liquid or gel formula to create your cat eye.
[If you’re a novice, start with a pencil it’s easier]
1. Make a few dots with eyeliner along your upper lash line. They should be as close to your lashes as possible. Start at the innermost corner of your eye and stop few millimeters before the outermost corner of the eye.
2. Carefully start connecting the dots trying to make the line as thin and precise as possible.
3. When you get to the last dot flick the line up at an angle of about 45 degrees. You can make it longer and then adjust the length with a Q-tip dipped in the make-up remover later.
4. Now, starting at about 1/3 of the outer part of the lash line, make the line gradually thicker and then, as you get closer to the tip of the wing, gradually thinner again.
5. This next step is optional. You can draw in the last third of the lower lash line, again as thin as possible, extending the line and connecting it with the winged part. Make sure to fill in any space between the lines.
Bonus Tip For Color: Don’t be afraid to experiment with hues other than black or brown. Greys, emeralds, navys and maroons add an unexpected pop of color to an otherwise classic look. Let your bold liner take center stage by pairing it with a shadow in a color that’s close to your bare eyelid. Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow has a velvety smooth powder-cream texture that’ll stay put all day.
Images via Pinterest