He’s Just Not That Into You: 8 Guys Tell All About What Turns Them Off
Ever start dealing with a guy and things are going smoothly when all of a sudden the climate changes and there’s an obvious difference there? Sometimes it’s unwarranted, there may be a live-in girlfriend you had no clue about or maybe the guy has commitment issues, but other times, it’s cut and dry. He’s turned off and you may not know what the reason could be. Here, guys tell all to MommyNoire about the most memorable situations where a woman turned them off. Some should be obvious but others may not be. Check it.
- One experience that turned me off from a woman was coming over trying to spend the night and not wanting to have sex. She had an overnight bag and everything, and I think it was the first time we really hung out. You knew what this was before you came over but now you’re playing games and you packed a toothbrush? That’ll get you cut off real quick. – Anonymous, 33, Columbia, SC
- I absolutely did not like the fact that she needed to be in control all the time. If you know me, you know that I’m pretty much group leader. I don’t mind taking directions from somebody, but that’s not going to be all day and she had this thing where she thought she was going to give me instructions all day. Not my thing. – Mehka K., 34, Boston, Ma.
- When you casually meet a young lady and she asks or demands to do certain things before she allows the opportunity to offer or propose. Like dates or gifts. This typically happened with women who were really attractive and were use to guys tricking immediately Instead of building with the woman naturally. Huge turn off. Because as a man, a gentleman, I naturally like to lead. Especially when courting a young lady. – Lamont M., 32, Decatur, Ga.
- One experience is when I saw just how much weed this one woman smoked. She smoked more that some guys that I know. Weed smoking is always going to bother me to a degree, because I don’t smoke that much of it. Once a year, if that. But one woman I was dealing with smoked all the time, everyday. Smoked for breakfast, lunch and dinner. As a result, all she wanted to do was lay around all day. Sure, a lazy weekend can be fun, and sometimes needed, but not all the time. When I saw that she would rather smoke and lay around instead of go out and experience something together, I began to get turned off. Then, when I started peeping how she rarely had money to at least offer to or pitch in on a night of dinner, drinks, entertainment, etc… But always managed to have money for weed, I just left her alone. – Anonymous, 34, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- I’m a lover and a big fan of LOVE period. However, I know that the concept and definition of the word “love” is unique tot he individual… and furthermore, a lot of us have misunderstanding and often awkward relationships with the concept of “love” because of past experiences (mostly mommy and daddy issues). With that said, it’s always a major turn off when I meet a woman that lacks love for herself… Even if it’s small. And it’s not a confidence or self-esteem issue… It’s more of an appreciation and perspective issue. We all have confidence issues and lack high self-esteem at times, but I believe that one should appreciate their individualism. And people see themselves as a gift, and not a liability, That’s it… – Ian F., 33, Brooklyn, NY
- I was interested in this gorgeous girl. She had a nice body and an amazing smile. We exchanged numbers and flirted back and forth. Even planned on going to the movies. One day, me and a group of friends are out at a sports bar having drinks and it happened… Her s—– personality came out. I won’t go into details but her attitude and overall views were aligned with a s—– person. It disgusted me so much that I stood her up for the date and never tried to pursue anything with her again. – Anonymous, 30, Newark, NJ
- The thing this one chick did that turned me off the most was when she came to visit me for the first time and as soon as she walked in the door she said ‘Babe, where’s the bathroom? I need to go change this bloody pad.’ I looked at her, pointed to the front door and told her to go back home and change it. I never spoke to her again. – Anonymous, 39, Decatur, Ga.
- I dated a woman who was too clingy. She followed me everywhere I went. She just had to be near me… Regardless of where we were. My place. Her place. My parents’ house. Her parents’ house. Never really any space. We went to a cookout at a friend’s once and she knew just about everyone there, male and female. At some point, I walked outside into the backyard with a few friends to smoke a few ‘party favors.’ When I came back inside, she had an attitude with me because I didn’t tell her I was going outside. And I mean a real attitude. For the rest of the time we were there, she either sat on the couch with her arms folded or went outside and sat… Alone. It was embarrassing, to say the least. Of course, my friends were giving me the business about it. Needless to say, we didn’t last much longer after that. – Anonymous, 38, Decatur, Ga.