Get Unstuck: Time For A Brand Upgrade
Are you ready to make a brand upgrade and shape-shift your outlook?
Does your personal brand feel stale, stagnant and simply lifeless? When my brand and life get stuck, I take a moment, breathe and change my perspective. #brandyou
Just like brands repackage their product, change the color, add a new ingredient and become new and improved, maybe it’s time we all did that to usher in new energy. Why not take a moment, go outside and look at life in a different way? You know, shake it up – exhale, inhale, breathe and allow new blood and energy to fill you up?
It sounds simple but many of us are not breathing — simply moving. Recently, I visited the Hotel Hershey in Pennsylvania, to enhance my outlook, renew, release and relate. I took a moment to listen to the birds, sip my wine, stay in the moment and breathe.
Breathing takes time; each conscious inhalation and exhalation has to be deliberate and when we take the time to do it, life is enjoyed, blissful, and purposeful and greatness is actualized.
I challenge you to celebrate for the next 10 days of October as you become new and improved. Take a moment to challenge your outlook, make upgrades and live in the moment.
Here are a few suggestions to get unstuck and shape-shift your outlook:
1) Pray each morning at the same time for consistency. Give it all to the Lord.
2) Do little treats for you — sleep in; park your car and walk.
3) Say no, just because you want to.
4) Write a plan to blast-off your brand for 2015.
5) Patronize a Black-owned business during October and get inspired.
6) Meet your girlfriends for cocktails and laugh like you are 21 (again).
7) Be naughty and nice!
8) Wear a color (red, orange, green, yellow, and purple) and show off your beautiful hue.
9) Make a video celebrating the people in your life with Animoto.
10) Add this phrase to your vision board – “Success Is An Inside Job”
Here’s to us! #Brandyou
Karen Taylor Bass, The PR Expert and Brand Mom provide entrepreneurs, corporations, and mompreneurs with essential branding, marketing, and public relations coaching. Follow Karen @thebrandnewmom on Twitter.