Baking that batch of 24 cupcakes may have seemed like a good idea at the time. But having all those leftovers taunting you until they’re gone? Not. Worth. It. That’s why the folks at Pure Wow developed this recipe, which makes exactly enough batter for four chocolate cupcakes. You’ll mix all the ingredients in one bowl, so there’s minimal cleanup, and then decorate with our favorite fluffy frosting. This way, you and the fam can have your cupcakes, eat them and get on with your lives…without the guilt. Unless, that is, you decide to eat them all yourself. We won’t tell.
½ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup whole milk
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
⅓ recipe Fluffy Frosting
Chocolate sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the 4 corner cavities of a muffin pan with cupcake liners (leave the rest empty).
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour with the sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to combine.
3. Add the melted butter, milk, vanilla extract and egg to the flour mixture, then whisk to combine.
4. Transfer the batter to a liquid measuring cup or pitcher, then carefully pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the lined cups until they’re nearly full.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
6. While the cupcakes are baking, make the frosting. Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl.
7. Frost each cupcake with 2 to 3 tablespoons of frosting. Smooth the frosting evenly over the top of the cupcake, then dip the frosted surface into the bowl of sprinkles, rotating the cupcake to cover the frosting completely. Serve with a tall glass of milk!