Outdoor Menu: 11 Delicious Picnic Recipes For The Family
Oven-Fried Picnic Chicken
Even if this happens to get cold there’s no denying fried chicken at a picnic.
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix or Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1 oz each) ranch dressing mix (dry)
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour buttermilk into shallow glass or plastic bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag, crush cereal with rolling pin. Add Bisquick mix and dressing mix (dry) to cereal in bag. Remove chicken from buttermilk; discard buttermilk. Add chicken to cereal mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Source: Betty Crocker