Outdoor Menu: 11 Delicious Picnic Recipes For The Family
Double Corn-Blueberry Cobbler
A good cobbler can bring people of all ages together. Who doesn’t love a good sugar fix?
- 1 cup(s) white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup(s) cornmeal, preferably medium- or coarse-ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) corn kernels, fresh, frozen (thawed), or canned (well-drained)
- Whisk 1 cup flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until well blended. Whisk egg yolk, buttermilk, oil, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to blend. Fold in corn.
- Evenly spoon the batter on top of the berry mixture; the fruit will be almost completely covered with batter. Place the baking dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake until the berries are bubbly, the topping is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the topping comes out clean, 35 to 50 minutes. Let cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
Head over to Delish for the rest of this recipe