Outdoor Menu: 11 Delicious Picnic Recipes For The Family
Make sure you pack a cooler so you can enjoy this cold sandwich.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 12 (1-ounce) dinner rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves (about 1 small head)
- 6 plum tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Spread butter onto cut sides of rolls. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 6 roll halves, cut side down, in pan for 1 minute or until toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining roll halves. Spoon 1/4 cup crab mixture onto each bottom roll half. Place 1 piece of lettuce and 2 tomato slices on crab mixture; top with remaining roll halves.
Source: Cooking Light