Outdoor Menu: 11 Delicious Picnic Recipes For The Family
Grilled Picnic Corn
Stock up on vegetables by serving up some pre-grilled corn at your picnic.
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Grilled Corn Serving Variations, follows
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively preheat the broiler to low, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Brush the corn with melted butter or olive oil. Grill the corn until hot and lightly charred all over, 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the temperature of the grill. Alternatively, broil the corn ears 6-inches from the heat source until charred spots appear, about 10 minutes. Flip the corn and broil for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the corn is charred, mix the cilantro, garlic, chile powder, salt, mayonnaise, and lime juice.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the corn, and sprinkle with Romano cheese. If desired, return the corn to the grill or broiler for just a few minutes. Serve warm with lime wedges.
Source: The Cooking Channel