Halloween Candy in California Neighborhood Tests Positive for Meth

November 5, 2013  |  
1 of 1

This is the kind of thing that makes parents hide they kids during Halloween. The sad thing is, it’s not common, but all it takes is one scary story for people to say no to trick-or-treating altogether. A southern California toddler was rushed to the hospital over this weekend after his Halloween candy made him sick.  In a first round of testing, the candy was found to contain meth, reports NBC Los Angeles.

It looks like a package of Smarties the 2-year-old was eating made him sick. He was rushed to the hospital on Saturday night and is expected to be released this evening. More samples of the candy is being sent to the U.S. Department of Justice after a 6-year-old in Huntington Beach was also rushed to the hospital and tested positive for meth. Investigators suspect they know the neighborhood block the toddler may have gotten the candy from.

Parents, of course, have thrown out all this year’s Halloween candy, making a lot of little ones upset. What would you do if the same thing happened in your neighborhood?

Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN