15 Winning Snack Ideas for Your Game Day
Ranch Style Potato Skins
4 Idaho potatoes
Extra virgin olive oil, foe drizzling
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 cup buttermilk
1 clove garlic, grated
A few dashes of hot sauce
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon dill, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub the potatoes to remove any excess dirt then pierce them each with a fork several times. Place potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, tossing lightly to coat.
2. Bake the potatoes until tender; about 45-60 minutes. Remove the baked potatoes from the oven and let cool until you’re able to handle them.
3. When the potatoes have about 10 minutes left in the oven, place the tomatoes onto a baking sheet and lightly drizzle them with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then roast them in the oven until they’ve blistered; about 15 minutes.
4. While the potatoes are cooling, combine the buttermilk, garlic, hot sauce, and herbs in a small bowl. Season the ranch mixture with salt and pepper, then refrigerate until the potatoes are ready.
5. Once the potatoes are cool, cut each in half lengthwise and scoop the insides out into a mixing box, leaving a thin layer of flesh intact on each half. Add the ranch to the potato and mash lightly to mix. Season with salt and pepper, then scoop the filling back into the hollowed out potato shells.
6. Place the potato skins back onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with cheese. Set in the oven until the cheese melts; about 1 to 2 minutes. Top each potato with some of the roasted tomatoes and serve.