15 Winning Snack Ideas for Your Game Day
Beer Cheese Stuffed Pretzels
1 13.8 oz. can Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 12 oz. bottle stout beer
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with cooking parchment paper.
3. Along the edge of each dough strip, spread 2 tablespoons of cheese. Stretch the dough over the filling, brush the edges with water, and pinch to seal. Pick up the ends and gently stretch each dough rope to 24 inches long.
4. To make the pretzel shape, form each rope into a U shape. Twist the ends twice. Press down the dough where it overlaps into an X. Pick up the ends and fold them over so they rest over the bottom of the U shape. Tuck one end under the dough at the bottom of the U shape. The other end lies over the dough at the bottoms of the U shape.
5. In a small bowl, beat an egg with 1 tablespoon of beer and set aside.
6. In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the remaining beer uncovered on High for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until hot. Slowly add the baking soda and stir until dissolved. Dip each pretzel into beer and soda mixture. Remove with a large pancake turner or slotted spoon; place on a rack. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
7. Brush pretzels with egg mixture and sprinkle with coarse salt. Carefully transfer to the cookie sheet. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until the tops of the pretzels are a dark, golden brown.