15 Winning Snack Ideas for Your Game Day
Saucy Pizza Balls
3 cans Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/3 cup pizza sauce
30 fresh basil leaves
1 8 oz. block Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend, cut into 30 pieces
60 slices turkey pepperoni
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt to taste, optional
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 13×9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Separate each can of dough into 10 biscuits, flattening each one into a thin round. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of pizza sauce onto the center of each round. Top each with 1 basil leaf. Sandwich 1 cheese piece between 2 pepperoni slices; place on top of basil. Fold the edges up and over the filling; pinch to seal. Place biscuits in the baking dish, seam side down.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and water. Lightly brush the tops of the biscuits with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. In a small bowl, mix garlic butter ingredients. Brush over biscuits; serve warm.