Enjoy your favorite salad without the fork. Make this the night before and have your delicious, country club lunch ready to go. Courtesy of Real Simple.
1 pound green beans, trimmed
2 to 3 anchovy fillets
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup olives, preferably kalamata, pitted
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until bright green and tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain again and return to bowl.
2. Place the anchovies in a bowl and smash with a fork. Add the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Drizzle over the beans and toss; set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the tuna, tomatoes, olives, onion, pepper, and remaining oil.
4. Halve the baguette lengthwise, then cut it crosswise into 4 portions. Toast if desired.
5. Spoon the tuna mixture onto the bottom of each baguette portion. Sandwich with the top half and press gently but firmly. Serve with the beans.