From the moment you donned the title of Mommy, you have been transformed into a stiletto wearin’ super-SHEro. But instead of a cape, you wear a pair of magical Nike’s that allow you to make a last minute dash to the grocery store for a forgotten lunch item and leap over toddlers and toys in a single bound. In case nobody has told you lately… YOU’RE DA BOMB!!!
But with all that leaping, dashing and bounding all over the place and your endless Mommy duties (whew, I’m dizzy just writing about it), sometimes you forget to just chill and be a woman. Alright, once in a while you go to the hair salon or get a massage, right? Booo, that doesn’t count! Wait, there was that time when you took mini stay-cation away from the family. Errr nope, that is not what I mean either. I’m also NOT talking about the 20 minutes before bedtime when you fall asleep reading a book or trying to catch up on the latest episode of Real Housewives. I’m referring to taking dedicated time to renew your mind, body and spirit on the regular…that means daily. I know what you are thinking “Ain’t nobody got time for dat” (insert Sweet Brown’s voice here).
The truth is that there is time! But women always feel that everyone else’s needs outweigh their own. There are the kids and the Mr., then there is your work, and let’s not forget friends and extended family who all want your time and energy. With all those demands on you, I’m sure you think it’s selfish to focus on your needs, right? Wrong!!
In fact I’m going to put on my poker hat and bet you a Snicker’s bar and raise you a quart of ice cream that you haven’t been selfish enough. Try answering these questions. Do you feel frustrated or run down? Do you secretly wish someone could rescue you from your crazy ass life? When your cell phone rings to you imagine yourself throwing it in the river and watching it float away (don’t tell me I’m the only one with that fantasy *smiles*)? Those are all signs that you are in major overload, and you need more time to take care of yourself.
Think about it, where would all those wonderful folks in your life be if you crashed and burned or got hit by a donkey tomorrow? The answer is, they would “keep calm and carry on” (except for Aunt Alice, she would DEFINITELY freak out). The point is, the thing that holds all the sh*t together is YOU. You are the most important factor in the equation. Do the math and see how well it all works when you are absent.
Now let’s do a little work. Let’s start to re-program your priorities by putting yourself at the top of the list. Here are 10 Mommy Inspired Affirmations that should help you re-prioritize where you fit in.
1. I am the most perfect Mommy that I am cable of being at this moment in my life. As God grants me the capacity, I will grow and improve in HIS time
2. I am allowed to be a whole, happy and healthy woman, and not just a Mother
3. I am still beautiful, and I will grow my internal and external beauty with each passing day
4. I celebrate myself and freely express my own needs without guilt
5. I allow my intuition to guide me without considering the judgments from others
6. I accept imperfections in myself, my children and others
7. I have the power to choose and create the life that I want, I refuse to feel trapped
8. I set healthy boundaries that honor my truth and my path to Authentic Joy
9. I am strong enough to navigate through any obstacles that appear in my life
10. I will not abuse my body by pushing it beyond its capacity in service of others
It is my sincerest hope that these daily affirmations can lead you towards creating balance, peace and happiness.
Jai Stone – The Emotional Nudist
Jai Stone is an entrepreneur, a highly syndicated blogger and the founder of the Emotional Nudity Lifestyle. Jai writes about love, life and the pursuit of authentic joy. Follow her on Twitter @JaiStone or visit her blog.