Breakfast Time: Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
Breakfast time! While it’s not full-on winter,the cold temperatures are certainly starting to come so a warm, filling bowl of strawberries and cream oatmeal may be just the ticket! It’s one meal that fills and provides tons of nutritional benefits. For one, it lowers your cholesterol, and can reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure. Let’s not forget to add that oatmeal also gives the immune system a wonderful boost and can assist in the prevention of weight gain. That’s good enough news for us! Once you add some strawberries you’ve got vitamins as well. You can also jazz it up with blueberries, bananas, raisins, or a sprinkling of granola.
Check out a delicious Strawberries and Cream recipe, courtesy of Spark People:
Handful frozen strawberries (about 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup Quick cooking Oats
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp packed brown sugar
1. Let your strawberries partially defrost and chop them into small pieces; set aside (try not to lose any juice from them.)
2. Combine oatmeal, milk, water and salt in medium size microwavable bowl.
3. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes; stir.
4. Add strawberries & their juice, stir in and microwave another 1 – 1 1/2 minutes, careful that the mixture doesn’t overflow the bowl.
5. Stir in vanilla & brown sugar. Enjoy!
Source: Symptom Find