15 Delectable Dishes Featuring Pears
Orange-Glazed Chicken with Pears
Serves 4 | Hands-On Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 30 min.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
1 pear, cut into ¼-inch slices
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 orange, zest grated and juice squeezed
1. Heat soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and ginger in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat until sugar melts (about 3 minutes).
2. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add to skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side.
3. Add onion, pear, wine, orange zest and juice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 12-15 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken and pear slices to plates.
5. Simmer sauce until thickened (about 1-2 minutes), and pour over chicken.