Like to buy in surplus? Live near a Sam’s Club or Costco’s? With little kids in tow – your shopping style may focus on bulk goods – like diapers. When my kids were little, we bought baby items in bulk to save money, as well as time on trips back and forth to local stores. When your goal is to save, if you’re not careful, you could end up overspending.
On your next trip to Costco, BJs, and/or Sam’s Club, try the following:
More insiders tips can be found at bargainbabe.com!
1. Eat before you shop – The free samples can encourage you to buy items that you normally would not consider if you are feeling hunger pangs.
2. Consider membership, so you can take full advantage of the benefits these shopping warehouses have to offer.
3. Make a list and stick to it – It’s easy to get off track when you don’t have a shopping plan.
4. Use warehouse coupons whenever possible, saving is saving! – Costco does four week coupon cycles, Sam’s Club has general coupons and those specifically for you, and BJ’s mails out a monthly coupon book.
5. Use manufacturer coupons – Costco and Sam’s Club do not accept manufacture’s coupons, but BJ’s does. Whenever possible, take advantage of this benefit. Also, be mindful that sometimes the best deal is still at your local grocery or drugstore.
Words By: Sid Powell