College Basketball Star Shanice Clark’s Actual Cause Of Death Revealed
In January, we reported on the untimely passing of California University of Pennsylvania basketball star Shanice Clark. The 21-year-old student was found unresponsive in her Vulcan Village apartment on January 18. She could not be revived. Initially, investigators believed that Clark choked on a piece of gum that she fell asleep chewing. However, a recent autopsy proved otherwise.
According to USA Today, the Washington County Coroner announced that Clark actually passed away from a blood disorder. Coroner Tim Warco discovered that Clark was a carrier of the sickle cell trait, which in extremely rare cases can cause sudden death.
Clark, who was originally from Canada, was a senior at the university. She is fondly remembered Cal U athletic director Karen Hjerpe as “a bright student and talented player” whose “smile and personality will be missed.”