Time To Throw In The Towel? Signs You’re Fed Up With Your Man
In any relationship, each person gives and takes in order to create a healthy balance and meet the other party’s needs. But sometimes, one person ends up giving more than the other. While this works for some people, for others, at some point, the party that gives a lot more will start to get fed up because they may feel unappreciated and taken for granted. Some reasons people often get fed up with a person may vary, but for the most part, when it comes to matters of the heart, people get tired of giving and getting nothing in return. Other reasons include lying, infidelity, inconsistency and a lack of communication. These issues, among others, can bring a person to their breaking point, which in turn may be the ultimate cause for a relationship to end. Sometimes we feel that we’re just going through a rough patch, but if you do the following things, there’s a chance that you’re fed up:
1. You start imagining what life would be like without your partner. While you don’t necessarily want to step out on them, you are already getting excited about the idea of living the single life and going back into the dating world (which you assume will supply you with a plethora of other fish in the sea…).
2. You no longer answer every call. When you stop making yourself available and would rather text or get back to your partner hours later, chances are, you’re trying to remove yourself from your significant other slowly but surely.
3. You stop caring about what they’re doing. You know you’re fed up when you no longer care about what a former lover or soon-to-be former lover is doing. Your partner might as well be an associate at that point.
4. You no longer yearn to see them every chance you get. When you no longer have the desire to spend time with the one you once couldn’t get enough of, you’re fed up with the relationship and you’re just about ready to move on.
5. You give back gifts they’ve purchased for you. When you don’t want to see any reminders of the person in your home or on your body, you know it’s time to call it quits.
6. Everything they do bothers you. Their voice, their touch, their face–everything about them starts to make you sick.
In any relationship, one person may feel as though they’re doing more to make the other person happy and at times they may feel slighted. But before a person gets completely fed up, they must remember that everything they’ve done and taken in their relationship was a conscious decision made all on their own. Is that an excuse to not get what you think you deserve from a significant other? Not at all, but it’s reason to be more cautious of how much you give of yourself to people. There’s a quote that says (and I’m paraphrashing) that you should never push a person to the point where they no longer care about you. While I wholeheartedly agree with this statement, I also believe that a person should learn to walk away before they get to the point of such aggravation.
Liz Lampkin is the Author of Are You a Reflection of the Man You Pray For? Follow her on Twitter @Liz_Lampkin