Floyd Mayweather Defends Ray Rice Against NFL After Indefinite Suspension

September 10, 2014  |  

Apparently, there’s one man who is not in agreement with the NFL’s decision to suspend Ray Rice indefinitely, and that’s Floyd Mayweather. According to the boxing champ, the league should not have gone back on their initial decision to suspend Ray for two games—whether they saw the video or not.

“They had said that they had suspended him for two games,” Floyd told M Live. Whether they saw the tape or not, I truly believe a person should stick to their word. If you tell me you’re going to do something, do what you say you’re going to do. But once again, I’m not in the NFL, so I can’t really speak on the situation.”

As for the tape, Floyd, who has been accused of beating multiple ex-girlfriends in the past, had this to say:

“I think there’s a lot worse things that go on in other people’s households, also. It’s just not caught on video.”

“I know he’s probably going through a lot right now because football is his passion,” he continued, “football is his love. It’s no different than with me being in the fight game, if they told me, ‘Floyd, you’ve got the biggest deal in sports history,’ and then a couple of months later, they say, ‘You know what, your deal is taken away from you’ — oh, man. It’s not really just the money, it’s just the love of the sport, the passion.”

This probably isn’t the best time for Floyd to be speaking on this, of all subjects, considering that just last week his ex-fiancée filed a lawsuit alleging that he beat her.

Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN