How Adele’s 1-Year-Old Son Won A Five-Figure Sum From Lawsuit

July 24, 2014  |  

Adele wasn’t too pleased to learn that UK photo agency Corbis Images had been providing paparazzi photos of her son’s “milestone moments” to British tabloids. As a result, she and her partner, Simon Konecki, decided to go after the agency, BBC News reports.

The “Someone Like You” singer’s lawyers told the High Court yesterday that she is adamant about her son never becoming “public property.”

“It is a matter of profound sadness that many of his milestone moments, such as his first family outing and his first trip to playgroup, were photographed and published worldwide expressly against his family’s wishes,” Adele’s solicitor, Jenny Afia, said. “These images were taken during private, recreational time unconnected with professional or public engagements. They represent a clear infringement of our client’s right to privacy.”

In response to their legal filing, Corbis U.K. has agreed to pay damages, legal fees and has also agreed not to use the images again. As for the big payout, Jenny says that the funds will be placed into little Angelo’s trust fund. She says that the couple will also “continue to do all they can to protect Angelo’s rights in relation to the paparazzi, including taking legal action where necessary.”

“They will also continue efforts to improve the laws relating to paparazzi and children generally, building on the successful campaign Adele helped fund in California resulting in far stricter harassment laws.”

Lastly, the couple has vowed to go after any freelance photographers who continue to photograph their son in this manner.

Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN