Valentine’s Day in the Mind of a Child
When we were children, Valentine’s Day was filled with excitement. There was going to be a party, which meant virtually no work that day, we got candy, and we finally got an opportunity to tell that special someone what we’d been dying to say for the whole school year…through a card of course. Now that the holiday has gotten a little more complex and stressful, take a minute to revisit the days of yesteryear with these fond Valentine’s Day memories:
1. Making sure your decorated bag put everyone else’s to shame.
2. Nagging your parents to go out and buy the latest cartoon plastered Valentine’s Day cards.
3. Having more love for the candy than anything or anyone else.
4. Wondering why you had to stay over your single aunt’s house for the night.
5. Stressing over which card to give the object of your childhood affection.
6. Carefully selecting the most platonic sounding card to give to the weird boy who picked his boogers and never stopped staring at you.
7. Making sure you wore red to school that day.
8. Breathing a sigh of relief when you saw someone drop cards in your bag.
9. Spending 20 minutes reading and laughing at the messages on the Sweetheart candies.
10. Being upset with your mother for rationing your candy before dinner time.