D.C. Officer Accused of Threatening to Shoot Michelle Obama Cleared On Charges

July 12, 2013  |  

I just don’t know y’all, I just don’t know.

About this time last year, D.C. police officer Christopher Picciano was brought up on charges for allegedly making threatening comments about shooting Michelle Obama and showing off a picture of a gun on his cell phone and saying, “This is the gun I plan to do it with,” to a fellow officer at a D.C restaurant. 366 days after the ridiculous comment was made, Picciano has been cleared of all administrative charges that were brought against him, the Huffington Post reports.

The U.S. attorney’s office has also decided not to press official charges against Picciano. An official tells the Washington Post that Secret Service agents found evidence that proved Picciano “wasn’t being serious.”

“We’re pleased that he was exonerated of all allegations that he made threats against the first lady,” said Picciano’s attorney, James W. Pressler.

“[My client] has maintained from the beginning that it was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke,” he added.

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier, however, didn’t find the remark to be humorous at all.

“There’s absolutely no place for jokes of a nature that could be perceived as threatening to the president, the first lady or anybody else. That’s not funny, and police officers get that,” Lanier said.

During the investigation, the 17-year veteran was placed on desk duty.

 

SMH…
Follow Jazmine on Twitter @jazminedenise.

Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN