The Art Of Complaining: How To Speak Up And Get The Results You Want

July 8, 2013  |  

Credit Card Complaints 101

If there’s something incorrect on your bill, call the customer service division of the credit card company and formally lodge your complaint with the bank itself. “Clearly detail your complaint, the supporting evidence and what you’d like them to do in order to rectify the problem,” advises eHow. “Follow up with a letter to the customer service division with proof of postage if you’ll need to reference your complaint at a later date.”

If you haven’t gotten anywhere with your complaint, alert the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The CFPB, reports, offers a one-stop place for credit card holders to resolve complaints they may have with a credit card issuer. Also, contact the Federal Reserve Board, which regulates banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System and some state banks.

If you are complaining about debt collection practices, credit reporting agencies, credit repair companies or debt settlement services, turn to the Federal Trade Commission.

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN