Job Hunter Alert! DiversityInc Releases List Of Top 50 Best Companies For Blacks
Job hunting? You may want to check out DiversityInc’s list of the most diverse companies this year. It ranks the 50 best companies for blacks.
DiversityInc. looked at 893 companies in its annual corporate diversity survey. On a positive note, comparing this year’s findings with past reports, responses indicate that corporations are taking diversity more seriously. “We are very encouraged to see more companies applying for this distinction and embracing diversity more deeply than ever,” said CEO, Luke Visconti. “We also note a continued positive correlation between achievement in diversity and overall positive stock performance.
“According to DiversityInc, the top 50 companies on their list have 76 percent more blacks, Latinos and Asians on their boards of directors than the Fortune 500; 16.6 percent more Blacks, Latinos and Asians in the top level (CEO and direct reports) than the Fortune 500; and 14 times more CEOs who are Black, Latino or Asian than the Fortune 500,” reports The Huffington Post.
The top five on the list were:
1. Sodexo: an integrated food and facilities management services firm
2. PricewaterhouseCoopers: a multinational professional services corporation
3. Kaiser Permanente: an integrated managed care consortium based in California
4. Ernst & Young: one of the largest professional service firms in the world and one of the “Big Four” accounting firms
5. MasterCard Worldwide: a multinational financial services corporation