2nd Boston Bombing Suspect Awake and Responding To Police Questioning

- By

Last Friday residents of the community of Watertown, Massachusetts were able to breathe a sigh of relief after a tip led police to the severely injured, 19-year-old Boston bombing suspect hiding under a tarp on a boat. Over the weekend authorities had been unable to question Dzhokhar Tsarnaev due to the severity of his wounds, including a throat injury that prohibited him from speaking. Today authorities say that Tsarnaecv is awake and responding to police questioning in written form, Reuters reports.

According to USA Today, law enforcement officials say that Tsarnaev is providing “substantive” information, but so far the specifics of exactly what kind of information the suspect has shared with police has yet to be released.

Tsarnaev remains in the intensive care unit of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center where he is being treated for a gunshot wound to the mouth that exited the back of his neck. Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis says that the wound appears to be self-inflicted, implicating that there was some type of suicide attempt that went wrong. He also suffers from a gunshot wound to the leg.

It is believed that Dzhokhar and his deceased brother Tamerlan had plans to carry out other attacks.

“We have reason to believe, based upon the evidence that was found at that scene – the explosions, the explosive ordnance that was unexploded and the firepower that they had – that they were going to attack other individuals. That’s my belief at this point,” Commissioner Davis told CBS.

We’ll continue to keep you posted as this story develops.

TRENDING ON MADAMENOIRE
Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN