Oh No He Didn’t! “I’ll Pay For Your Drink, But Not Your Fries”
I was in the midst of a particularly long in-between boyfriends stretch when a friend of a friend asked me for drinks at my favorite local neighborhood bar. He was a pudgy foreign guy who worked in finance and whose cockiness masked some major insecurities — the least of which, I’m sure, was the growing bald spot he’d developed at 30.
I went anyway, trudging the three blocks to the bar through the winter slush. Hey, I had nothing to lose — maybe the arrogance would reveal itself as charm or humor or self-deprecation, and anyway I’ve always had a thing for know-it-alls, I reasoned. Plus, I really liked that little bar, with its candles and plush couches. It would be nice to go on a date with someone I actually like there someday, I thought. Maybe this is the next best thing.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Starlets, Unsung: 7 Stories Of Lesser Known Black Women
- There’s Just Something About R. Kelly: Can We Hate The Sin, And Not The Sinner?
- Fear And Other Things: 14 Unhealthy Reasons To Stay In A Relationship
- Forget Bandz! 7 Things That Will REALLY Make Her Dance”
- We Love You Essence, But We’re Going To Need You To Get Some New Cover Subjects
- Catty! Nicki Minaj Cusses Mariah Carey Out On American Idol Set
- Caught Up In College: A Cuffing Season Tale