Keyshia Cole On Love In JET: “I Think Our Black Men Are Afraid To Love Publicly”
Keyshia Cole is still all roses and sunshine when it comes to her honey Daniel “Boobie” Gibson. The loving couple and proud parents are on the cover of JET magazine this week with their little man and they dished on everything they love about each other. When the mag asked Keysh what she loves about Daniel, she said:
“He has a beautiful spirit. And he’s not afraid to love publicly. I think our Black men are afraid to love publicly, and I’m not a fan of that.”
Of course JET had to know what it is about Keyshia that makes Daniel so open to loving her like he does. He told them:
“Keyshia’s been through a lot with her mother and her family; so her whole make up is built around being a strong woman. I’m just trying to show her that I can be there for her.”
In their interview, JET delves into the drug epidemic that led to Keyshia’s rough past and explores how she left the drama behind in the pursuit of happiness. The October 8 issue is on newsstands now. Keyshia fans get your fix!
What do you think about what Keyshia said about black men being afraid to love publicly? Do you agree?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “The Wiz”
- One Time It Wouldn’t Hurt To Think Like A Man: The Take It Or Leave It Attitude
- Power Couples With Half The Fame: Celebrities With Non-Famous Partners
- Single Black Male: Why Do Men “Settle?”
- Evening Eye Candy: Ryan Reynolds
- No Need To Wonder: 15 Signs You’re Just A Toy To Him
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints