Pass Or Play: Solange Releases New Video For “Losing You”
It’s been a minute since we’ve heard from Solange on the music tip. After releasing Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams in 2008, Solange cut her hair off and basically focused on building her brand, becoming the face of products like Rimmel London and Carol’s Daughter, and becoming a fashion “It” girl and DJ. She also has continued to write for other artists, like her big sis, and provided vocals on tracks for folks like Theophilus London. But now she’s back, and this time, she shot the video for her funky pop track, “Losing You,” in South Africa. In it, Solo flexed her fashionable muscles with her friends in Cape Town, riding bicycles, posing for the camera, jumping in pools, and joking around in empty arenas. I’m loving all the colors and the old-school way the video was shot. I also dig that they made her more of a background fixture as opposed to putting all the attention on her in the video, that way, the people of Cape Town really had the chance to shine too. As for the track, the beat is hot! The song as a whole is fun, and I could definitely hear this joint making waves on the radio. Solo’s Twitter followers and friends agreed, as this morning she tweeted, “So humbled, & grateful for the overwhelming response to ‘Losing you.” What about you? Check it out and let us know what you think!
By the way, Solange has a song called “Sleep In The Park” that you can cop via iTunes today, the same place you can buy “Losing You.” It’s a pretty fast jam too. Check that joint out as well!
Pass or play for you?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “The Wiz”
- One Time It Wouldn’t Hurt To Think Like A Man: The Take It Or Leave It Attitude
- Power Couples With Half The Fame: Celebrities With Non-Famous Partners
- Single Black Male: Why Do Men “Settle?”
- Evening Eye Candy: Ryan Reynolds
- No Need To Wonder: 15 Signs You’re Just A Toy To Him
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints