Funny, just last week I was talking about Nicki Minaj’s upcoming E! specials and how since reports claimed they were going to take you “behind the scenes” into her public and private life, how it would be interesting to see her sans her trademark wigs on the shows. Coincidentally, Nicki decided to post a photo through Twitter yesterday and today of what she’s allegedly working with underneath all those colorful wigs. In her words, she’s “No chemicals. No perm.” From what you can see in the photo of the woman sitting in the chair, “Nicki” seems to have a good length of hair (aka, “She’s “draping”).
Her Barbz seemed extremely excited about this, being that they adore her and claim her haters are “bald as f**k.” She retweeted a number of in-awe responses:
OMG your hair is so long!!
AHHHHH!!!!!!!! You got major hang time!!!
girrrrrlll got dat gudddd hurrr doeeee !!! *smacks lip*
Her hair is sooo fuckin pretty. I love the diversity of the wigs tho! But baybeeeh that HURR.
Minaj later went on to send out another photo of her holding on to her own head, flexing a muscle “we ouchhair…new pic which features my muscular arm
#prettygang). Of course, this photo did not include her face, so you’re just supposed to assume that this is her and her hair.
Along with folks like Beyoncé, Nicki’s real head of hair is one of those things many folks have been wanting to see (like Big Foot). If this is an actual picture of Minaj’s head, then it could be that she rocks her colorful wigs not only as part of her persona, but for the sake of protecting her own hair (ya’ll remember what Rihanna said about how these mainstream magazines can’t do black hair). But I think I would be more inclined to believe this was Onika’s hair if she had actually shown her face. Or hell, just some roots for that matter. But if it makes the Barbz happy (as Minaj went on to Tweet: “The s**t I do for my barbz. Sighs”), then I guess that’s all that matters.
What do you think about Minaj’s pics of her hair?
More on Madame Noire!
- Solid As A Rock! Couples Who Are BANNED From Calling It Quits
- Don’t Be Scaaaaared! 6 Ways to Approach a Guy
- Man I Miss My Dog: Why It Sucks Cutting Opposite-Sex Friendships When You’re In A Relationship
- Is He Who He Says He Is? 6 Ways To Research Your Man
- Girl, Just Say “Thank You”: How I Realized That I Wasn’t Good At Accepting Compliments
- Change Clothes: Can You Go From “Friends With Benefits” to “Wifey”?
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints