It’s a Friday night. Your girlfriends all have date nights planned with their boyfriends. They’re going to dinner, the movies or staying in and spending time together. And you? You’re alone and it doesn’t take long for you to wonder why.
Well, the answer isn’t as simple as you may think. In some cases, it’s simpler than in others. Here are some of the most common reasons why a woman doesn’t have that special man in her life:
1. Your standards are too high. It’s great to have high standards. No woman should sell herself short and then be stuck in a situation she regrets. There is such a thing, however, as having standards that are too high.
What’s the difference, you ask? Well, normal standards are something like this: “I want him to respect me, treat me right and be honest and decent.” Too-high standards look like this: “He better drive a Lexus and have a job making six figures.”
It’s good to have expectations but ultimately, whether or not he’s a high earner isn’t going to bring you happiness or a stable relationship. Also, don’t let your standards get in the way of a good guy. Sometimes, women will pass on a man, believing they can do better, only to settle with a lesser someone years later.
2. Negativity is your middle name. Do you need to win every argument? Are you confrontational or super defensive? Do you never give compliments, are always negative or can’t be pleased? If so, this might be something to look at.
Believe it or not, there are certain personality traits that will turn men off, no matter how gorgeous a woman is. If you always walk into a relationship like nothing he does is good enough, he will not stick around. And if, when you first meet a man, you’re not willing to engage him in conversation about his interests, he will also not stick around.
Don’t be combative or hostile and don’t let one thing he says turn you off to him completely. Open up a little more and don’t stress. Men who see women as unfairly and overly negative usually head for the door.
Read the rest at YourTango
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock
More on Madame Noire!
- Solid As A Rock! Couples Who Are BANNED From Calling It Quits
- Don’t Be Scaaaaared! 6 Ways to Approach a Guy
- Man I Miss My Dog: Why It Sucks Cutting Opposite-Sex Friendships When You’re In A Relationship
- Is He Who He Says He Is? 6 Ways To Research Your Man
- Girl, Just Say “Thank You”: How I Realized That I Wasn’t Good At Accepting Compliments
- Change Clothes: Can You Go From “Friends With Benefits” to “Wifey”?
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints