After accidentally spilling the beans that she was to be on the cover of an upcoming issue of Vogue magazine, I can’t help but wonder if that’s the mag Rihanna put on blast on Twitter yesterday.
The pop singer is apparently on set for an unknown spread and it sounds like somebody might be effing her new pixie cut all the way up from the sounds of this tweet:
Well, somebody needed to say it.
In the generic “magazine’s” defense, not many black women in Hollywood have their own black hair so I’m willing to cut the glossy’s a little slack. But half the time the so-called stylists can’t even get the wigs and weaves these black celebs are rocking right and that’s just unacceptable. The last time Rihanna graced the cover of Vogue, they essentially slapped a blonde wig on her head and labeled her a black Marilyn Monroe, and no one can forget how Elle didn’t even try when it came to the wig they threw on Gabourey Sidibe back in 2010. Let’s hope these #Magazines take note of Rih Rih’s tweet and get it together.
Can you think of any white mag’s that royally jacked up a black woman’s hair on the cover?
More on Madame Noire!
- From Dropping It Like It’s Hot To Oscars: 10 Celebrities Who Got Their Video Vixen On Before Making It Big (Fellas Too!)
- Name It & Claim It: The Importance of Speaking Your Dreams and Desires Into Existence
- It’s Women Like Kiana Howell And Makeeba Graham Who Make It Hard For All Of Us To Get Through Security At The Airport
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Does Makeup Really Matter To Men?
- When It Comes To The Magic Stick, Does Size Really Matter?
- Magazine Cover Curse: 9 Couples Who Shared Their Love With Us And Ended Up Yesterday’s News
- Wait, How Did You Get That Role? 14 Of The Crappiest Casting Calls in Black Films and TV