Just when you think the world is full of love and sunshine and rainbows, yet another study comes along and smacks you in the face to prove otherwise. Turns out that a lot of men don’t enter into commitments like marriage out of a genuine bond toward a woman — they seem to do it just because. Let’s explore, shall we?
The new Match.com Singles in America study found that 25 percent of men will agree to commit to a woman even if they aren’t romantically or sexually attracted to her. According to the study, it seems that both single men and women — although men more so — are looking for companionship, rather than completion. So forget about that scene in Jerry Maguire and accept that you may never hear those words: “You complete me.” You’re more likely to hear, “Honey, what’s for dinner?” Here are some reasons men walk down the aisle even if they’re not feelin’ it.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Soul Food”
- Did You Know? 14 Black Celebrities Who Adopted or Were Adopted
- Just Another Thing That Gets Better With Age: Why It’s NOT Impossible To Make New Friends As You Get Older
- Is There A Right Way To Demand A Paternity Test?
- I Know You Didn’t Just Say Dutch: Why Women Should NOT Split The Tab On A First Date
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By