I always take issue with women who are more mad at the “other woman” than they are their boyfriend or husband who cheated with them. Hence I can appreciate Tameka Raymond holding Usher more accountable for cheating on her than the bridesmaid(s) he slept with. That being said, I have a hard time understanding why she feels they’re totally blameless in this situation, as she insinuates in her ET special tonight.
In a preview clip of Tameka’s upcoming three-part interview, Nancy O’Dell asked her how she felt about Usher’s interview with Oprah and how he sort of skirted around the issue of his infidelity, asking if he actually slept with her bridesmaids. Here’s what Tameka said:
“He admitted to sleeping with one of the two. It was a very disappointing revelation. I had suspected it for some time.
“You have to understand this is like family to us. This is someone who was there when my children were born. She took me to the hospital when I was in labor with one of them.
“I hate to say it but I somewhat empathize with her because I feel that she was vulnerable and that she fell into somewhat of a trap. I think she got very close to him as a result of being my friend and I feel as though he used it to his advantage (because he can be charming and lure the women in?) We all would admit that he’s very charming.”
So I’m going to have to say the score on the tact chart is Usher-1, Tameka-0. Though Usher’s answers during his interview with Oprah were clearly PC, I appreciated him not trashing his ex-wife. Tameka on the other hand is still trying to throw all kinds of dirt on his name, while absolving her friends of any wrongdoing. Um, if your girls are that weak that they can’t be around your man without him charming them into the bedroom, they need the boot too.
Check out the clip from part 1 below. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Soul Food”
- Did You Know? 14 Black Celebrities Who Adopted or Were Adopted
- Just Another Thing That Gets Better With Age: Why It’s NOT Impossible To Make New Friends As You Get Older
- Is There A Right Way To Demand A Paternity Test?
- I Know You Didn’t Just Say Dutch: Why Women Should NOT Split The Tab On A First Date
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By