Are You Excited? LaTocha Scott Is Trying To Get Xscape Back Together
We all know it’s slim pickings when it comes to good music in the industry so when you hear one of the hottest R&B groups from the ’90s could be reuniting it should be good news, if they can pull it off.
Former Xscape band member Latocha Scott recently caught up with BE Magazine to talk about life since the group disbanded and when they asked the singer if she’d be up for getting the girls back together to record new music, she said she was definitely down.
“I would LOVE for that to happen!” she told the magazine. I know Tiny she hit me like a week ago like you know lets talk and do lunch, so I may put that bug in her ear and see how she feels about it. My sister Tameka is always down so that’s her, as far as Kandi, I haven’t spoken to her, but you never know. I mean I don’t know if she would BE willing to do a reunion, I know she busy with her businesses and things. But as far as the group is concerned I would definitely wanna do something. I’m thinking about including the girls on one of my songs for my album. I think it would BE great. I think we owe our fans that as well.”
Earlier this year, Kandi said almost the same thing about the group getting back together during an appearance on “Watch What Happens Live” with Andy Cohen. Though Kandi didn’t say there was any bad blood between her and her former group members, she did say that she hadn’t spoken to half of them in a long while and she seemed a lot less enthusiastic, or perhaps maybe optimistic, about a reunion than LaTocha, saying it wasn’t too likely. With all of the other things Kandi has going on that don’t cause her to perform (unless you consider her participation in the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” acting), I’m sure she’d much rather being on the business side of the entertainment industry instead of the artist. But all is not lost yet, maybe Xscape’s fans can convince them to get back together.
Do you want to see Xscape reunite?
More on Madame Noire!
- Okay, I’ll Submit. But Are You Ready To Love Me? (You Know, Like Christ Loved The Church)
- An Open Letter To The Almighty Goatee
- It’s Not About You Boo: Times When Your Sensitivity Gets In The Way
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “How Stella Got Her Groove Back”
- “Girl, You’ve Got a Big ‘Ol Juicy Booty!” 7 Ways Men Hurt Their Chances With Women
- The Danger Of Marrying For Practical Purposes: Why I Think Those Who “Settle” Are Potential Cheaters
- The Thirst Files: She Pulled A Disappearing Act, I Got Desperate