The Obama-Carter Love Affair Continues: President Says Beyonce Couldn’t Be A Better Role Model For His Girls
If you raised $4 million for the president in one night, he’d probably say that about you too. Last night, Beyonce and Jay-Z held the much talked about re-election fundraiser for Barack Obama at Jay’s 40/40 club in NYC. The $40,000 per person exclusive event maxed out at it’s 100-person limit making the effort a success by all accounts.
Speaking before the crowd, Beyonce said:
“I can’t tell you how proud we are to host tonight’s event with President Obama. We believe in his vision.”
Showing that he shares the same admiration for Bey as his wife, Michelle, when Barack Obama addressed the audience, he remarked:
Let me just begin by saying to Jay and Bey, thank you so much for your friendship. We are so grateful. Michelle and Malia and Sasha are mad at me because they are not here. That doesn’t usually happen. Usually they’re like, we’re glad you’re going — we don’t need to go. But every time they get a chance to see these two they are thrilled, partly because they are just both so generous, particularly to my kids. And Malia and Sasha just love both of them.
Beyoncé couldn’t be a better role model for our daughters because she carries herself with such class and poise and has so much talent. And Jay-Z now knows what my life is like. We both have daughters, and our wives are more popular than we are. So we’ve got a little bond there. It’s hard, but it’s okay. It’s okay.
The funny thing is I think the President is telling the truth, although it’s hard who’s the more favored Obama when grown men are so excited to see the President, they pick him up and swing him around in a bar like he’s a little kid. Even though the President’s favorite ladies couldn’t attend the fundraiser last night, I’m sure there will be plenty of other opportunities for them to hang out with auntie Bey Bey and uncle Jay.
Here are a couple Instagram pics of Bey from last night:
More on Madame Noire!
- Okay, I’ll Submit. But Are You Ready To Love Me? (You Know, Like Christ Loved The Church)
- An Open Letter To The Almighty Goatee
- It’s Not About You Boo: Times When Your Sensitivity Gets In The Way
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “How Stella Got Her Groove Back”
- “Girl, You’ve Got a Big ‘Ol Juicy Booty!” 7 Ways Men Hurt Their Chances With Women
- The Danger Of Marrying For Practical Purposes: Why I Think Those Who “Settle” Are Potential Cheaters
- The Thirst Files: She Pulled A Disappearing Act, I Got Desperate