Mind, Body & Soul: Ayurvedic
The 5000 year old, ancient art of Ayurvedain India is the natural science of balance.
Indian medicine’s long history makes it one of the oldest catalogued systems of medicine in the world. In fact, Greek and Chinese medicine are both based upon ancient Ayurvedic arts. The earliest concepts of Ayurveda are documented in the Indian sacred writings called the Vedas.
I say all of this to say, Ayurvedic lifestyles offer an alternative resource African-American women can deploy to help defeat many of the illnesses that have plagued our community. Ayurvedists have developed diets and health plans to battle fatal diseases like hypertension, diabetes, cancer, lupus, obesity, high blood pressure and depression. These ailments have shackled our community for too long.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is Ryan Gosling Singing Jodeci!? 9 White Celebrities And Their “Blackest” Moments
- Handle That For Me! Why I Want Him To Plan The Dates
- You Already Know Black Don’t Crack:15 Female Celebs Who Are Over 40 But Don’t Look It
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “Real Chance of Love”
- Are You A Rebound Queen? How To Tell If You’re Moving Too Fast…
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Stop Searching For Him
- Ways to Wear Wine: Fall’s Hue Du Jour