Ummm… Jil Sander’s $290 Brown Paper Bag
Design house Jil Sander has sent a new handbag this season. And it’s a brown paper bag priced at $290. For men and women, because that sort of thing is unisex. True, the bag is “crafted from coated paper,” has “stitched seams” and “metal eyelets.” And, of course, the Vasari, as it’s known, has the words “Jil Sander” written on it. But it’s still, basically, a paper bag that costs $290.
There’s also a leather version of the bag for $360. The Jil Sander website says the bag is sold out. And you thought those LeBron X sneakers were pricey!
Here are some other things you can buy for $300 or less, just for fun.
-Today’s Groupon Getaway deal to St. Croix: $229 for three nights at the Hibscus Beach Resort.
-Three tickets to see Cirque du Soleil in Atlantic City on eBay.
–This made-to-order desk made from “reclaimed wood” on Etsy.
-The prix-fixe vegetable tasting at Per Se restaurant in New York’s Columbus Circle. Your meal will include sweet corn sorbet; an olive, artichoke and parsley omelette; and fancy cheese and crackers. If there’s something you don’t finish, you can take it home in your designer brown sack.
More on Madame Noire Business!
- Microloans Providing an Alternative Resource for Small Businesses
- Karen Duckett Built Her Architecture Firm, Duckett Design Group, One Brick At A Time
- Why Does Hampton University Dread Locs? Business School Bans Cornrows and Dread Locs for Male Students
- Brandy, Pick It Up: Old Content Strategies Don’t Cut It Anymore
- How to Start a Business In… Newark, N.J.
- Here are the Five Highest Paying Jobs You Don’t Need a Bachelor’s Degree to Do