When Rodney King was found dead at the bottom of a swimming pool on the morning of June 17, there were a million theories about what could have lead to his death which has since been ruled an accidental drowning. Now TMZ has obtained the official death report on the civil rights figure in which the coroner says that King, 47, “was in a state of drug and alcohol induced delirium at the time of his death … and either fell or jumped into the swimming pool.”
King was reportedly under the influence of a number of substances at the time of his death, including alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, and PCP. As the report states:
“The effects of the drugs and alcohol, combined with [King’s preexisting heart condition] probably precipitated a cardiac arrhythmia and [King], thus incapacitated, was unable to save himself and drowned.”
As TMZ notes from the report:
King was naked and face down at the deep end of the pool when officials arrived on scene.
Cops also found a pitchfork, a hoe and a vaccuum pool sweeper in the pool … which King’s GF used to try and fish Rodney out of the water. The GF told cops she didn’t go in after Rodney because she is not a good swimmer and was afraid to enter the water.
With his death now ruled as an accidental drowning, at least the questions surrounding any foul play on the part of King’s girlfriend should subside.
More on Madame Noire!
- Missed Opportunities: Did I Reject the Wrong Guy?
- Wo Ho Te Sεn? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Ghanaian Descent And a Few Surprises…
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Can I Just Have a Sexual Relationship?
- The Issue With Standing For Nothing: What Exactly Makes You A “Role Model” In The Black Community?
- An Open Letter To People (My Family Included) Who Think It’s OK To Post Tragic News On Facebook
- Skip The Heavy Foundation: Tinted Moisturizers For Brown Skin That Provide Even, Lightweight Coverage
- You Know That’s Annoying, Right? 6 Things You’ve Got to Stop Saying to Your Single Friends