I don’t know about you, but there has never been an instance where I complained that a waitress gave me too many refills. If anything, I’ve been mad, dying of thirst wondering why my server thought the melting cubes of ice at the bottom of my glass could substitute as a beverage. But, some folks just don’t have good sense and three women in Belleville, IL prove that.
According to the local CBS station KMOX, three customers at a local Red Lobster flipped out on a waitress for no good reason and are now paying for it:
The three women, all from Belleville, are accused of throwing water on a female employee Friday afternoon, and striking her several times with their hands and a menu. The waitress refused treatment by ambulance crews.
The women were detained by restaurant employees before police arrived.
Charged with mob action and aggravated battery in a public place are: 21 year old Sharrell Evans, 22 year old Britley Green and 44 year old Geneen Green. Bail for each suspect was set at $50,000. They remain in custody at the Fairview Heights Police Department until arraignment.
A witness at the restaurant said the women were upset because the waitress was filling their water glasses too often.
I don’t quite have words for that, but the ladies better find good lawyers who do because they’re each being held on $50,000 bonds stemming from their restaurant antics, KSDK.com reports. I’m really hoping there was some other motive for this foolishness, but unfortunately so far all we have to go on is the women were sick of being given too much water and they thought attacking the waitress rather than saying “no thank you” or not drinking anymore was the best way to handle that. #Fail.
More on Madame Noire!
- Missed Opportunities: Did I Reject the Wrong Guy?
- Wo Ho Te Sεn? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Ghanaian Descent And a Few Surprises…
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Can I Just Have a Sexual Relationship?
- The Issue With Standing For Nothing: What Exactly Makes You A “Role Model” In The Black Community?
- An Open Letter To People (My Family Included) Who Think It’s OK To Post Tragic News On Facebook
- Skip The Heavy Foundation: Tinted Moisturizers For Brown Skin That Provide Even, Lightweight Coverage
- You Know That’s Annoying, Right? 6 Things You’ve Got to Stop Saying to Your Single Friends