Double High Fives! Identical Twin Sisters Get Into Tough Medical School Program
It gives me great pleasure to tell you about these two stellar young ladies, Ashley and Asia Matthew. You don’t know them by name, they’re not famous but we think you should know about them. Ashley and Asia are identical twin sisters. Naturally, as twins they shared a majority of their life experiences together, including their undergraduate experience at Xavier University in New Orleans.
After graduation, both of these young women wanted to pursue careers in medicine and decided to apply to University of Massachusetts’ prestigious and extremely competitive MD-PHD program. As challenging as its name might let on, the program is eight years of medical school and a PHD in biomedical research simultaneously. The University interviews 40 students worldwide and only admits 7-10 each year. The Matthew sisters defied all kinds of odds when both of them were accepted to the program on a full scholarship. (Bow!)
As if the story couldn’t get any sweeter, these two want to take their knowledge and give back by opening up their own hospital in an underprivileged neighborhood.
Absolutely amazing. You can watch the Matthew twins in their interview with a local news station below.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”
- Really, Though? Who Died And Made You An Authority On What’s “Real”?
- Thank You Rihanna For Being Open About Chris Brown, Even If Some People Still Don’t Get It
- How I Lost A Friendship To Domestic Violence
- Degrees of Separation: Where To Draw The Line In Dating People Who Know Each Other?
- Girlfriend Guilt: When You’re The Only One Still On Track
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter