Chez Solo: Solange and Son Julez Showcase Their Brooklyn Brownstone in ELLE
Ever wondered what the uber-fabulous and fashionable Solange’s house looks like? No? Well, then you can’t truly call yourself a nosy person. But as a fellow Brooklynite, I know I was excited to see what the eclectic “It Girl” has going on in her digs. For a shoot and spread in this month’s ELLE, writer Julie Vadnal got the scoop on Solo’s design choices (which included some actual chill basics, including crisp white bedding) for her top-floor brownstone that she shares with her son and boyfriend, Alan Ferguson (Ol’ boy who called her the love of his life on the BET Awards this year). “I had a moment when I looked at my closet and I was like, ‘Whoa, I really don’t have any basics.’ And with my house, I wanted to find a balance of having great colors and patterns but also a really livable, warm, serene space.” Warm is right! Vadnal even found herself in the middle of a dance party–with Solange as the DJ of course and a bevvy of her funky-fresh-dressed-to-impress friends. Check out her home and let us know if you’re feeling it. I’m loving the funky wallpaper, myself. Even if you’re not, you know you’re digging her style in these shots!
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”
- Really, Though? Who Died And Made You An Authority On What’s “Real”?
- Thank You Rihanna For Being Open About Chris Brown, Even If Some People Still Don’t Get It
- How I Lost A Friendship To Domestic Violence
- Degrees of Separation: Where To Draw The Line In Dating People Who Know Each Other?
- Girlfriend Guilt: When You’re The Only One Still On Track
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter