Sadness: Oprah Says a Lauryn Hill “Next Chapter” Will Not Happen
Now that Oprah has made it clear she’s down to reach out to pop culture icons, everybody has been throwing interview suggestions her way. One brilliant tweeter asked Oprah to talk to Lauryn Hill ASAP for one of her “Next Chapter” specials, but sadly the media mogul replied:
Sigh. L-Boogie is one of those artists we just can’t accept has fallen by the wayside. We want to know when, where, how, who, and why she decided to drop out of the limelight after releasing such an amazing piece of art as the “Miseducation of Lauryn Hill,” and if anyone could get that story out of her, it would probably be Oprah. Unfortunately, it looks like we’ll be stuck with that letter she wrote to her fans after her tax situation became public.
Speaking of taxes, Lauryn’s money problems just got a lot worse. On top of the $1.8 million she owes in Federal taxes, she also owes an additional $440,000 in unpaid state taxes to New Jersey, TMZ says. So far, this issue hasn’t become criminal, like Lauryn’s federal tax issue which she pled guilty to in June, but that’s not an unlikely possibility in the future.
Lauryn is facing three years in prison for her federal tax case and will be sentenced in November. If she has to do time, the whole “Next Chapter” thing wouldn’t have worked out anyway. But there’s always the possibility after her release in OWN is still kickin’. What do you think?
Do you want to see Lauryn Hill on “Oprah’s Next Chapter”?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”
- Really, Though? Who Died And Made You An Authority On What’s “Real”?
- Thank You Rihanna For Being Open About Chris Brown, Even If Some People Still Don’t Get It
- How I Lost A Friendship To Domestic Violence
- Degrees of Separation: Where To Draw The Line In Dating People Who Know Each Other?
- Girlfriend Guilt: When You’re The Only One Still On Track
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter