If the name doesn’t say enough, 6-year-old Alana Thompson, b.k.a., Honey Boo Boo, is a mess. The breakout star of TLC’s pageant show “Toddlers & Tiaras” has been given her own spinoff reality spot, called “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” and ABC says the show will allow viewers to “redneckognize” the beauty queen and her Georgia family.
Alot of people already know about Honey Boo Boo for a couple of reasons. One, her “ghetto girl” antics have separated her from the rest of the competition as she’s frequently seen telling the cameras. “They must be crazy if they think they’re gonna beat me, Honey Boo Boo Child” and the “dolla dolla makes me holla.” Then there’s the “pageant crack” that seems to bring that sassiness out of Honey. On this past season of ‘Toddlers & Tiaras,” she was seen guzzling a substance from a green bottle that people speculated could have been any random combination of Mountain Dew, Red Bull, alcohol, medicine, or something else. Needless to say, there’s a lot that would make this spinoff “entertaining”/disturbing.
The first two episodes of the show aired last night, showing Honey and her family indulging in “Redneck Games.” Her sister “Pumpkin” bobbed for pig’s feet while the rest of the family participated in a “Mudpit Belly Flop.” I wish this was made up, but according to Alana’s mom, June Shannon:
“You know that’s just us. For the most part that is us every day. We’re not all about pageants. We are a little redneckish, and we live in Georgia and that’s what people do in the country — get muddy and have fun with the family.”
Of course, there’s also pageant preparation which brings on the scrutiny from viewers, particularly when it comes to Honey wearing daisy dukes and cutoff tops—not to mention a face full of makeup.
I can’t quite make up my mind on this whole thing so I’ll just say you have to see for yourself. Check out the season preview and the first two episodes. Brace: it’s a lot to take in. What do you think about this spinoff?
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 11 Of The Most Rachet, Lovable and Controversial Black Folks From “The Real World”
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: He Got Someone Else Pregnant But Says He Wants to Be With Me
- So,You Acted a Fool, Now What? 6 Ways to Move Past Your Spazz Out
- I’m Your Woman, Not Your Nanny: The Difference Between Supporting and Enabling a Lazy Man
- Why I Prefer the Company of Men Over Women
- Don’t Mess With Her! 6 of Aretha Franklin’s Most Diva-ish Moments
- They Said What Now!? 7 Songs That Don’t Mean What You Think They Do…