The honeymoon phase just isn’t turning out to be so pleasant for celebrity couples these days. Just shy of his two months wedding anniversary after tying the knot with longtime girlfriend Alicia Etheredge June 18, Bobby Brown has found himself back in rehab for alcohol addiction.
Sources close to Bobby told TMZ that the 43-year-old singer admitted himself “because he realized he couldn’t do it on his own” and that Bobby “decided that he needed help and wants to make the best out of the rest of his life for his children’s sake.”
His new wife, Alicia, also confirmed the news with RadarOnline. She didn’t specify how long Bobby has been back in rehab but when asked how her husband is responding to treatment, she said, “He is doing great.”
Bobby and Alicia have one son together, 3-year-old Cassius, and the “New Edition” singer is also father to 23-year-old Landon, 22-year-old La’Princia, Bobby Jr. who’s 19, and of course Bobbi Kristina who is also 19. In March, he was arrested for a DUI around noon in Reseda, CA, for allegedly being pulled over for using a cell phone will driving, and he is no stranger to alcohol and drug problems or treatment. Hopefully this time around the things he learns in rehab will stick.
More on Madame Noire!
- Don’t Mess With Her! 6 of Aretha Franklin’s Most Diva-ish Moments
- Faster, Slower, More, Less: What She’s Really Trying To Tell You In Bed
- Madame on the Street: Should You Live Together Before Marriage?
- Do You Suffer From I Just Want To Prove He’ll Put a Ring On It Disease?
- Is There Such Thing as Reproductive Abuse?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of House Party
- They Said What Now!? 7 Songs That Don’t Mean What You Think They Do…