Still Winning! Sanya Richards Ross Gets Her Own Reality Show
Sanya Richards Ross hasn’t only won during the Olympic games this past week, she’s also winning off the field. WEtv just announced that the 400-meter Olympic gold medalist will have a reality show on their network next season. Deadline reports:
The TV pilot stems from a development deal WE had with unscripted production company Good Clean Fun (Tia & Tamera). It was shot in Austin before Richards-Ross left for London and offers an insider’s look at her rigorous training regime as well as her personal life. Richards-Ross is married to two-time Super Bowl champion Aaron Ross who just signed a 3-year $15 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The reality series reveals the often intense rivalry between the hyper competitive couple. (Ross was in the stands on Sunday cheering on his wife with her parents when she won the Olympic gold.) The TV project also provides a behind-the-scenes look at Richard-Ross’ inner circle that includes her mother Sharon acting as her agent, her father Archie working as her manager and her sister Shari as her business partner. Sanya and Aaron are not strangers to WE — their nuptials were featured on the channel’s show Platinum Weddings.
Shout out to WE for balancing out black women’s representation on reality TV. Coming behind the “Braxton Family Values” and “Mary Mary,” I expect nothing but good things from this new show.
Will you watch?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bajan, Baby! 10 Of Our Favorite Celebrities of Barbadian Descent (And A Few Random Surprises…)
- True Life: My Best First Date Ever
- Why Are You Straightening Your 5 Month Old’s Hair?
- Virgins And Vixens: What Does Celibacy Look Like?
- The Good Guy Allergies: Why Is It That Good Guys Bore Me?
- Somebody Lied to You And Your Lacefront: 9 Celebs Who Need a Lacefront Wig Intervention
- Are They Related? 10 Sets of Celebrities Who Look Way Too Much Alike